Right through the middle of Sort crosses the river La Noguera Pallaresa, 146 km long, of which 40 are navigable; it is one of the most widely known and most appreciated whitewater rivers, specially for river sports. The river has all kinds of sections, from the easiest level (I), for younger paddlers and beginners, to the most difficult ones (a V on a rating scale of VI).
Temperature and Water Flow
|T ºC||M3/seg.||T ºC||M3/seg.|
La Noguera Pallaresa is and has always been the venue for countless competitions and highly recognized events:
- La Noguera Pallaresa International Rally, (from 1964)
- Wildwater European Championship (1980)
- Junior Wildwater World Championship (1988)
- Freestyle World Championship (2001)
- Freestyle European Championship (2004)
Right in the middle of Sort one can find l’Aigüerola, the regatta course, where different events, races and competitions in kayaking, rafting and other whitewater sports.
To see the most recent competitions you may visit www.kayaksort.cat